pragueBlog

2004-01-06  

The S factor explains Bush's popularity:
What, then, can account for so many people being so supportive of the president?

The answer, I'm afraid, is the factor that dare not speak its name. It's the factor that no one talks about. The pollsters don't ask it, the media don't report it, the voters don't discuss it.

I, however, will blare out its name so that at last people can address the issue and perhaps adopt strategies to overcome it.

From the mountaintops, mind, so we can all be enlightened.

The S factor is "stupidity". Not the author's Sanctimoniousness, Senescence, Silliness or Shit-headedness. (Nor his residence in Seattle.) America is 50% plain old stoopid. Gracie Burns gullible. Elmer Fudd dumb. He says it's cuz 50% of the people "support" President Shrub. Oh.

What if I'm 50% stupid? What if I'm one of those all the way, bag o' rocks, thick as two short planks dimwits that will believe anything anybody tells me? What if I believed this guy, for example?

I'd have to be pretty fucking stupid.

Steve | 15:43 |
links
archives