pragueBlog

2004-06-18  

A face only a mother could love.

Imagine all these communist deputies when they first arrive in Brussels. I can't shake this mental image: did you ever see a Czech election poster from a few years back before they at least started printing them in color and one or two would freshen up before getting snapped? The posters I remember would have the party's whole local slate depicted. And they all looked like mug shots. These people are going to Brussels to represent their country. Imagine Jiri or Miloslav or whoever shuffling down a corridor, maybe in his backory and checked jacket, greeting another deputy with, "Hello, I am Jiri. I am communist. I'm nice to meeting you." And then of course after meetings standing up, nodding and saying "Hello" before leaving. Can any of them speak English, by the way?

Steve | 01:30 |
links
archives